Friday, March 4, 2011

5 for Friday (DOUBLE EDITION) 3/4/11

So I seem to be running at double speed lately.  I have too many great things that I find and the top 5 is becoming harder and harder.  In the interest of not limiting you to only 5 great resources a week, I'm going to do a couple DOUBLE-UPS when necessary.  Today being the first double up I will share with you 10 of the coolest things I've found this week and 2 of the coolest videos that have crossed my path.  As an aside the video list is getting a little ridiculous, I may need to do a top 5 one week of just videos.


Here they are, the top 10 resources I found this week in no particular order:

Free magazine for the “creative educator”  I like Free it's my favorite number.


As we seek to learn more remember you don’t have to be an expert, you just have to be willing!  The will to check this out is the first step.


Free site for finding educational videos.  Thousands of videos categorized by every subject imaginable


A little overwhelming, but a little amazing too.  The best of the web organized and categorized for you, yum!


I need to share a large file, how can I do that?  There are a number of ways, here’s three….


pleasenotify.me is a simple, free service to let you send tasks to people, and be notified when they're done.  I like this as we embrace 21st century skills and students "turn in" things digitally this service will allow you to know when things have been updated, etc.


I like this post when considering doing something different.  As I start a new unit 4th quarter that I haven't taught in 8 years, I begin the unit with trepidation….change isn’t easy..


You can never have enough Icebreakers!


Differentiation is the word of the year.  But what does it look like?




And my top two favorite videos of the week:

Inside Finland:  The world’s most successful school system


Jon Stewart solves the nation’s education crisis….fun and informative


BONUS material:

Oh my the way, the iPad 2 was announced this week, kinda a big deal.  Read more about it here:  http://www.apple.com/ipad/?cid=CDM-US-DM-P0010191-EDU

Interested in attending a FREE webinar from Dr. Marzano on "the highly engaged classroom"  sign up here http://www.marzanoresearch.com/Professional_Development/events.aspx?event=59&sf1087988=1



No comments:

Post a Comment